Monday 26 January 2009

Inner Voices?

Singing your own songs is hard, I find. For a kick off you have no point to aim for, no note to commit yourself to or drop away from.
This proved even more difficult when singing in a silent room, on my own. Not normally bothered by this type of thing, I found myself feeling quite self conscious when attempting to belt it out.

I started by sitting down with the mic in a stand which failed, badly. I assessed the reason for the failure was because I wasn't trying hard enough, too lax. So I stood up, mic still in stand and went for it again. Better, yes, good, no. Standing up, Mic in hand, very slight gyration of the hips? YESSSS!!! So after a few takes decided that was enough for one day.

Postscript: Listened with fresh ears a few days later and it turns out that one was pish too.

1 comment:

  1. haha.

    Maybe you need to increase the amplitude of hip oscillation?

    i.e. a good old thrust.

    ReplyDelete