Tuesday 16 June 2009

Arguably too deep?

I promised a blog entry with some background on the previous song posted on MySpace, Post Life (Good Things).

I am not sure how much to write about the meaning of the songs. I always like it when bands or artists reveal some of the meaning of a song but I also like trying to interpret a meaning for myself. A song really doesn't mean anything until it is listened to and the this interaction between the listener, with their mood/ emotions/personal taste/interpretation etc with the song itself give the song a context and could potentially make it something that I could never imagine when I am writing and recording it.


Given the nature of all that new shit I have decided not to give too much away on this particular one, that's not to say I won't change my mind or provide a line by line description on other songs. I will tell you now boy-ohs that this is not a cop-out we are talking about some seriously deep shit, arguably too deep.
I will, however, provide you with the lyrics for you to interpret it whichever way you see fit.

Verse 1
Turn the camera on yourself when there's too much love to bear,
Dig a hole by the family tree and bury some over there.

Stumble down the garden path just a placid bag of bones,
In the ponds reflection, you're on your own.

Chorus
You believe in love
You believe good things can happen
You believe in truth
Do they believe in you?

Verse 2
How can you say goodbye to me if we've never even met,
After all that's past and passed you know the colour of your own regret.

How can you walk 500 miles if you're lying on your back,
With eyes like a thousand razor blades but no will left to attack.

Chorus

Middle eight
And then it starts to end up with the walls closing in
And then it starts to end until the walls are closing in, are the walls closing in on you?

Verse 3
Can't stay still for very long again its flight or fight,
The days they last forever and precede endless nights.

Its winter now in this old town so you pitch your discontent
To crawl inside and hibernate and think what summer meant

Chorus
End.

No comments:

Post a Comment