Saturday 27 June 2009

Anyone Else?

It is probably about time I just played a song live and direct.

It was really a straight head to head between 2 songs, one called 'What I'm trying to say!' and 'Anyone Else'. You can, hopefully, watch it here...

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=59638702

I chose 'Anyone Else' for several reasons.

(1) I enjoy playing it, especially the big harmonica instrumental bit.
(2) I have a few ideas of how to turn it into a full song and it will be very different from the video version on MySpace when it is finished.
(3)
I have a concept whereby I plan to build this song from the ground up and post each stage on the site for you to hear it going together.
(4)
I think you will like the song.

Here are some notes about the video:-

This was the first time Radiola have ever been recorded on film and I wanted this to be what you see, one continous first take, chins and all. I was drinking some vino and waiting for Neil Young to come on Glastonbury and suddenly had the notion to bust it out live for you future delight.
I appologise for the hideous double chin, it exists for three reasons (1) it have an odd shaped face designed to maximise chin-age (2) it was filmed from a low perspective a technique which worked to great effect in Citizen Kane, but unfortunately not quite so successfully in this video (3) I have my head bend forward, primed to explode shards of blues from the moothy at any moment, not a flattering angle.

The straw hat is for aesthetic purposes but I have taken to wearing one quite regularly and enjoy it so looking like a tit didn't come into the equation.

Here are some notes about how it will sound as a full song so you can imagine it with your brainboxes:-

The intro will be awash with echo-ish feedback and organ based dissonance out of which the acoustic guitar may or may not appear.

Over the line 'fanfare plays distorted drunken drones' in the second verse a fanfare will play distorted drunken drones. Which will signify the start of brass in the song which will continue til the end.

When the instrumental bit starts the bass and brass will follow the harmonica going dah-dum! dah-dum! dum dum dah dim-dim. I propose the harmonica part but played in a shredded electric guitar solo.

Enjoy! Feedback welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment